Tasman Bay Food Group is a niche company. We manufacture a range of products under our own brands and also contract manufacture for the food industry. Our own brands include iconic New Zealand brand Juicies, Moosies Milk Freeze, Nature’s Harvest Organic, Zesti, Cool Sips, Hot Bites and Cookie Tree.
We are trusted leaders in the manufacture and sale of unique, innovative food products and brands to customers worldwide. We achieve this through our ongoing commitment to quality and excellence in all that we do.
Back in 1984, company Founder Brian Hirst set out to create a team and a business, drawing on the resources of the Nelson region by making healthy, tasty food and beverage products that appeal to customers across borders and age groups. Our manufacturing capability now extends across a range of unique, value-added products and includes healthy frozen juice bars, dairy products, baked fruit bars, fruit & nut bars, fruit pies, biscotti and long life military products.
Today, Brian is still behind the business as both the major shareholder and Chairman of the Board, and his founding belief of manufacturing healthy products sourced with local ingredients wherever possible, is as important to him today, as it was when he founded the business.
A Culture of Innovation
Innovation is a key differentiator among food manufacturers and Tasman Bay can point to numerous initiatives over the years that have been pioneering in the New Zealand food industry. This continues with our new projects today. Our own brands include iconic New Zealand brand Juicies, Moosies Milk Freeze, Nature’s Harvest Organic, Zesti, Cool Sips, Hot Bites and Cookie Tree. These products are sold throughout schools, supermarkets and independent retailers in both New Zealand and Australia, along with the development of other export markets. In addition to our own brands, we are experiencing impressive success in contract manufacturing for multi-national companies, including military customers in Asia and the Middle East, along with many other smaller companies. As a business, we are constantly investing and have recently expanded our fruit processing facilities on site.
The international food industry demands very high standards of quality systems and food safety. We have a long-standing focus on food safety and are BRC (British Retail Consortium) certified to “A” grade standard.
- We value honesty and are accountable and responsible for all that we do.
- We have a commitment to trust, respect and to care about each other. We value the importance of teamwork within our workplace.
- We are proud of the products we manufacture and focus on quality, consistency and excellence, always.
- We have a shared vision to innovate and use our initiative to continuously improve our products and processes.
- We operate our business ethically with commitment to leadership, professionalism and integrity.
Tasman Bay has won many awards over the years both nationally and internationally for product, innovation and business strategy. The awards reflect the innovative culture here at Tasman Bay Food Group and our desire to constantly improve our services and capabilities. Some of our recent awards include:
- In 2016 we were shortlisted as finalists in the New Zealand International Business Awards 2016 – in the Excellence in Operations and Supply Chain category.
- In 2015, we picked up two prizes at the New Zealand Food Awards – the Rabobank Business Innovation Award, and the NZTE Export Innovation Award.
- In 2014, we won the Frozen Category with Juicies Tubes at the New Zealand Food Awards
Tasman Bay Food Group in the news…
Lunch Choices to Benefit Students and the School (2017)
New Zealand International Business Awards Finalists Revealed (2016)
NZ Agrifood Companies in Line for Accolades (2016)
Nurture Change Scholarship Finalists Announced (2016)
Entries Open for Chamber of Commerce Business Awards (2016)
Small Business: A lean food business (2015)
Small Business: Lean thinking (2015)
Juicie Export Business (2015)
Juicies Company Scoops Two Awards (2015)
Juicies Win Local Firm Top Award (2015)
Tasman Bay Food Group Wins Again (2015)
NZ Food Awards Winners Revealed (2015)
Award Will Be An Aid to Exports (2014)
Marina Hirst-Tristram Wins Nelson Branch Aspiring Director Award
Prime Minister’s Business Scholarships